County Legal Resources
Information by County
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Family Law Assistance Program
- Friends of Abused Families, Inc.
(262) 334-5598 Offers 24-hour crisis line, shelter, one-on-one supportive counseling, support groups, legal advocacy, information and referral, community education and awareness.
- IMPACT 2-1-1
Dial 2-1-1 to learn about access to services and assistance in times of crisis.
- Lawyers for Learners
Lawyers for Learners partners with colleges across Wisconsin to connect students and community members with free legal help. Virtual or in-person help may include criminal background and arrest records; records from civil and municipal court proceedings, such as retail theft citations and debt judgments; driver’s license recovery; rental housing issues; child support and family law issues; expungement, unemployment compensation, foreclosure, bankruptcy, victim of crime issues and consumer law. Fill out the form on their website to request an appointment.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin
(855) 947-2529, (800) 236-1128, (920) 233-6521. Provides civil legal services for WI low-income persons. Assists people with legal issues involving family law, housing matters, public benefits, and consumer matters. Only homelessness prevention cases are taken in Waupaca County.
- LIFT Wisconsin
Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
- Washington County Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(262) 335-4475 A source of information and support for victims of adult and juvenile crime. A mediator and advocate for victims of crime in the criminal justice system.