County Legal Resources
Information by County
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Family Law Assistance Program
On certain Tuesday's from noon to 1:00 p.m., in room 1104 of the Justice Center, volunteer attorneys assist Washington County self represented family court litigants by providing forms, written instructions, and checklists. Walk-ins are welcome, and will be assisted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Free Legal Answers Wisconsin
Free to Wisconsin residents. Ask your legal question online and volunteer attorneys may answer your question through the website provided by the American Bar Association.
- Friends of Abused Families, Inc.
(262) 334-5598 Offers 24-hour crisis line, shelter, one-on-one supportive counseling, support groups, legal advocacy, information and referral, community education and awareness.
- IMPACT 2-1-1
Dial 2-1-1 to learn about access to services and assistance in times of crisis.
- Lawyers for Learners
Lawyers for Learners partners with colleges across Wisconsin to connect students and community members with free legal help. Virtual or in-person help may include criminal background and arrest records; records from civil and municipal court proceedings, such as retail theft citations and debt judgments; driver’s license recovery; rental housing issues; child support and family law issues; expungement, unemployment compensation, foreclosure, bankruptcy, victim of crime issues and consumer law. Fill out the form on their website to request an appointment.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin
(855) 947-2529, (800) 236-1128, (920) 233-6521. Provides civil legal services for WI low-income persons. Assists people with legal issues involving family law, housing matters, public benefits, and consumer matters. Only homelessness prevention cases are taken in Waupaca County.
- LIFT Wisconsin
Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinics
Provides appointment-based services (some statewide) for nonprofit and small business help, adult guardianship, pardons, civil, and family issues. Some services may only be available in Milwaukee.
- State Bar of Wisconsin Lawyer Referral and Information Service
Request a referral to a Wisconsin attorney by calling (800) 362-9082.
- Washington County Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(262) 335-4475 A source of information and support for victims of adult and juvenile crime. A mediator and advocate for victims of crime in the criminal justice system.