County Legal Resources
Information by County
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services
(800) 261-5998, (920) 235-5998
Assist individuals in preparing and obtaining TRO/Injunctions, prepare individuals for court proceedings and testimony and attend court hearing with victims.
- Conflict Resolution Center
Oshkosh: (920) 236-4925, Neenah: (920) 727-2880 Can help mediate disputes involving small claims, neighbor problems, domestic problems, juvenile disputes, consumer/merchant issues, worksite problems, and personal or business relationship disputes.
- Family Court Services
(920) 236-4762 Family Court Services provides mediation services for parents who have disputes concerning child custody and placement issues. Referrals from the Family Court and mediation services are available to all parents who have a Winnebago County Family Court order, as the result of a divorce action or a paternity action.
- Foreclosure Mediation
- Free Legal Answers Wisconsin
Free to Wisconsin residents. Ask your legal question online and volunteer attorneys may answer your question through the website provided by the American Bar Association.
- Language Assistance Program, Clerk of Circuit Court
(920) 236-4848 The Language Assistance Plan serves to help ensure access to court services for persons with limited English proficiency (LEP). It also covers interpreter services to deaf and hard of hearing persons.
- Lawyers for Learners
Lawyers for Learners partners with colleges across Wisconsin to connect students and community members with free legal help. Virtual or in-person help may include criminal background and arrest records; records from civil and municipal court proceedings, such as retail theft citations and debt judgments; driver’s license recovery; rental housing issues; child support and family law issues; expungement, unemployment compensation, foreclosure, bankruptcy, victim of crime issues and consumer law. Fill out the form on their website to request an appointment.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin
(855) 947-2529, (800) 236-1128, (920) 233-6521. Provides civil legal services for WI low-income persons. Assists people with legal issues involving family law, housing matters, public benefits, and consumer matters. Only homelessness prevention cases are taken in Waupaca County.
- Legal Assistance Clinic
- LIFT Wisconsin
Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinics
Provides appointment-based services (some statewide) for nonprofit and small business help, adult guardianship, pardons, civil, and family issues. Some services may only be available in Milwaukee.
- State Bar of Wisconsin Lawyer Referral and Information Service
Request a referral to a Wisconsin attorney by calling (800) 362-9082.
- Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(920) 236-4977 Provides information to victims about their rights and how to exercise their rights and about services.
- Winnebago Conflict Resolution Center
Mediation and conflict resolution.