Public Records / Open Meetings
- Agencies & Organizations
- Local Government Fact Sheets (UW Extension)
- Public Records Articles (League of WI Municipalities Legal Comment)
- Open Government Guide (Reporter's committee for Freedom of the Press)
Guide to open records and open meetings law in the each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia. An updated guide is available, but does not yet include Wisconsin.
- Open Meetings Law FAQs (League of WI Municipalities)
- Sample Open Records Request Letter (Wisconsin Freedom of Information Council)
- Wisconsin Legislator Briefing Book
Includes legislative and administrative rules and procedure, budget process, and open meetings and records.
- WI Open Meetings
Law & Public Records (WI Dept. of Justice)
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s.19.21-19.39 "Public Records and Property"
- WI Statutes: s.16.61 "Records of State Offices and Other Public Records"
- WI Statutes: ch. 19, sub. ch. v "Open Meetings of Governmental Bodies"
- WI Cases & Opinions
- 2011 WI 43, State v. Circuit Court for Dane County & Ismael R. Ozanne v. Jeff Fitzgerald (WI Supreme Court)
- Transcript of Dane County Circuit Court Decision in Ismael Ozanne v. Jeff Fitzgerald (WI Court System)
- WI Rules
- U.S. Code: 5 USC 552b "Open Meetings"
- Statutes, Case Law and AG Opinions (WI Freedom of Information Council)
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.