Public Records / Open Meetings
- Agencies & Organizations
- WI Open Meetings
Law & Public Records (WI Dept. of Justice)
- Wisconsin Open Meetings Law: A Compliance Guide (WI Dept. of Justice)
- Wisconsin Public Records Law Compliance Outline(WI Dept. of Justice)
- Local Government Fact Sheets (UW Extension)
- Public Records Articles (League of WI Municipalities Legal Comment)
- Open Government Guide (Reporter's Committee for Freedom of the Press)
Guide to open records and open meetings law in the each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Open Meetings Law FAQs (League of WI Municipalities)
- Sample Open Records Request Letter (Wisconsin Freedom of Information Council)
- Wisconsin Legislator Briefing Book
Includes legislative and administrative rules and procedure, budget process, and open meetings and records.
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s.19.21-19.39 "Public Records and Property"
- WI Statutes: s.16.61 "Records of State Offices and Other Public Records"
- WI Statutes: ch. 19, sub. ch. v "Open Meetings of Governmental Bodies"
- WI Cases & Opinions
- 2011 WI 43, State v. Circuit Court for Dane County & Ismael R. Ozanne v. Jeff Fitzgerald (WI Supreme Court)
- Transcript of Dane County Circuit Court Decision in Ismael Ozanne v. Jeff Fitzgerald (WI Court System)
- WI Rules
- U.S. Code: 5 USC 552b "Open Meetings"
- Statutes, Case Law and AG Opinions (WI Freedom of Information Council)
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.